Vice President, University Communications and Marketing
Describe your job:
I have the privilege of leading the UCM Team, stewarding our talents and resources in a way that yield the greatest missional return for Biola University.
Five most influential books, movies or songs:
- Book: God’s Word
- Movie: Dead Poet’s Society
- Book: Built to Last by Jim Collins
- Book: EntreLeadership by Dave Ramsey
- Song: It is Well with my Soul (and the story behind that hymn)
What inspires me?
A good thought-provoking business book, a godly bible teacher courageously speaking truth, the beauty of God’s creation (often seen from a backpacking trail) and people who don’t let their disabilities get in the way of achieving some incredible goals in life.
The best thing about my job is:
- Knowing that every day I’m playing a key role advancing the mission of Biola University as we fulfill the Great Commission here on earth.
- Serving alongside an incredibly talented UCM Team, getting to know each team member in a deep and authentic way and building and harnessing our full potential for God’s glory.
- Collaborating with Biola’s schools and departments in new and fresh ways, serving them strategically and helping them achieve their goals and objectives.
If I could be any place in the world right now, where would it be?
The Holy Land, sitting by the Sea of Galilee where Jesus taught.
Most influential person in your life and why?
My father, Bryan Wilhite. He has served faithfully as a pastor all of his life, demonstrated a deep love and concern for people and has a joyous laugh. He still inspires me today and will forever be my hero.
If I could pick any actor to play me in the movie of my life, who would it be?
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make straight your paths.”
Solomon from Proverbs 3:5-6
Top Three Favorite Projects I’ve worked on at Biola:
- The public phase of Biola’s campaign: A Soul of Conviction, A Voice of Courage
- The online learning initiative Susan Ishii and David Shynn are leading
- John Lennox visit in January 2015