562 944 0351 5325
At Biola since:
Describe your job:
I serve as editor in chief of Biola Magazine, a university publication sent out to 66,000 alumni, donors, parents and friends around the world. I also oversee the teams responsible for public relations, social media and academic publications, and assist in writing and editing content for various print and Web projects.
Five most influential books, movies or songs:
- The Associate Press Stylebook
- Anything written by N.T. Wright
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
- Michigan by Sufjan Stevens
- Peace Like a River by Leif Enger
What inspires me?
I’m inspired by being around people and places that reflect God’s vast wisdom, creativity and love — and remind me of my own smallness in the grand scheme of things.
The best thing about my job is:
Getting to see up close how God is using Biola alumni and professors for his kingdom, and then getting to share their stories with thousands of other people.
If I could be any place in the world right now, where would it be?
One of the best days of my life was spent driving along the Hana Highway in Maui, and I wouldn’t mind doing that again.
Most influential person in your life and why?
My parents. My father is a model of Christ-like servant-heartedness and perseverance. My mother has a deeper love for God and his Word than anyone I know.
If I could pick any actor to play me in the movie of my life, who would it be?
“A good story starts with a great sentence. Treat each writing project as if your readers have been dared not to venture past the first line.”
Top Three Favorite Projects I’ve worked on at Biola:
- “105 Reasons We Love Biola,” Biola Magazine cover story, Spring 2013
- “New President, New Century,” Biola Magazine cover story, Fall 2007
- “A Life Well Lived,” Biola Magazine cover story, Summer 2008