562 944 0351 5387
At Biola since:
I came to Biola as a student in 2004, started working for IMC in 2006, and I’ve been full-time since December 2007.
Describe your job:
I handle production of all of Biola’s marketing video. Some days that means going out and shooting stuff, other days it’s lots of editing, other days it’s pre-production for larger shoots.
Five most influential books, movies or songs:
- The Lord of the Rings movies (extended editions, of course)
- City Lights by Charlie Chaplin (film)
- Dirty Jobs (TV)
- Sight, Sound, Motion (book)
- "Chem 6A" by Switchfoot (song)
What inspires me?
Natural beauty. Nothing beats an incredible vista, especially if you’ve hiked miles up a mountain to get there.
The best thing about my job is:
Anytime we do a live broadcast of something....It's always a great thrill to know that there's only a very fine line between grand success and utter failure. I thrive on that sort of insanity.
If I could be any place in the world right now, where would it be?
If I could pick any actor to play me in the movie of my life, who would it be?
Tough question. Maybe somebody like a Jimmy Fallon. He’s kind of a nerd, yet also simultaneously cool & funny, like I (delusionally) think I am.
Top Three Favorite Projects I’ve worked on at Biola:
- The 100 percent campaign (I love telling stories)
- The new version of the campus tour that will launch in 2010 (I walked around campus for a week with a 50-pound camera strapped to me)
- The “Does God Exist?” debate (Exploring new territory with tens of thousands of people watching)