Faculty and Staff Discount
Faculty and staff can purchase faculty and staff Flex Dollars at all retail locations on campus where Flex Dollars are accepted. Employees can add Flex Dollars to personal accounts at each register as a sales transaction. The minimum amount of Flex Dollars that may be added is $10. Employees will need a check, cash, credit/debit card, and ID card at the time of purchase. Added Flex Dollars may be used immediately. Food purchased using Flex Dollarss on and employee ID card will receive a 27% discount at time of purchase. Discounts are not given without an ID card.
Employees may also add money, check balances, see account activity, and freeze/unfreeze misplaced ID cards by logging onto biola.edu/eaccounts with a netID. Employees may also download the smart phone app, "eaccounts." (The logo for eaccounts has two arrows facing each other.) To add money easily, fill in and save personal credit card information. Employees can also add money to a card in the library at one of the two "Phil" stations located just behind the circular desk.
The Auxiliary Services Card Office issues and administers stored-value cards for departmental on-campus dining. Funds loaded onto Department Cards are to be used exclusively for business-related dining. Department Cards may not be used for cost center printing, retail purchases at the Biola Store, Bon Appétit gift cards, nor personal meals. Each Department Card must be registered to a current employee who shall serve as steward of the day to day use and account balance of the card. A registered owner may be the primary user or administrative support person. Any transfer of card ownership must be documented with the Card Office.
Department Cards may be loaded online using the Department Flex Order Form from forms.biola.edu. Deposits of $100 or greater shall require approval by the area vice president. Deposit transactions and account billing are processed by the Auxiliary Service Card Office. A confirmation email is sent to the requestor upon successful deposit. Amassing unusually large card balances is discouraged. All Department Cards are subject to a maximum balance of $200. Cardholders requesting a one-time exception will require approval by the VP of University Operations and Finance and may be asked to provide a business rationale for a larger balance limit. Maximum card balance thresholds may apply at vice president discretion.
Card balance inquiries or other questions may be directed to email@example.com.
This rate is for departmental functions that have guests at Biola dining in the Café. Groups must have a department account number for billing. Dining arrangements need to be made one week in advance. Group rate is $.50 off the door price.
Bon Appétit offers gift cards that track unused dollars to be in compliance with the laws governing gift certificates. These cards are available for sale in the Café, Eagle’s Nest, Talon, and Common Grounds. The minimum purchase is $10 per card and the card can be recharged to any amount after the original purchase.
Departments that want the $1 increments will have the ability to use them. Each department will have to print its own certificate with its account number for billing purposes. Bon Appétit must approve the certificate to ensure compliance prior to distribution.
Hours of Operation*
- Monday to Thursday: Continuous Dining 7 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Lunch: 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Dinner: 4:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Friday: Continuous Dining 7 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Breakfast: 4:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Lunch: 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Dinner: 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday: Brunch 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and Dinner 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday: Continuous Dining 11:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Continental Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
- Brunch 11:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Dinner 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Café Biola: We do our best to post the menus as accurately as possible, one week at a time. However, all menu items are subject to change without notice.
- Monday to Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Monday to Thursday: 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m.
- Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- Sunday: 7:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m.
- Monday to Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 11:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 4:30 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
Soaring Eagle Food Truck
- Monday to Thursday:
- 11:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. Racho (Off-Campus)
- 12:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Talbot East
- 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Talbot East
- 10:00 a.m. to 11:55 a.m. Rancho (Off-Campus)
- 12:00 p.m. to 2:25 p.m. Talbot East
Talon Grab & Go
- Monday to Thursday: 7:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Friday : 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
*Hours listed here are for operation during spring and fall semesters. Hours of operation change at different tines of the year, notably during Interterm (January), Easter Break, and summer. Watch for notices in Inside Story and e-mail updates, or call Bon Appétit (extension 4869) for current hours of operation.
Bon Appétit Catering Guidelines
Bon Appétit offers catering services for on campus departments at the following website: https://catering.cafebonappetit.com/biola/splash.htm
When first using the website, establish an account and enter items such as a regular departmental billing account to be used when requesting catering. If any problems are encountered in setting up and becoming familiar with this Bon Appétit site, contact the Catering Department at extension 5797 for assistance.
Bon Appétit also offers catering services for private and off campus events at the following website: https://bonappetitbiolacatering.catertrax.com
When first using the website, establish a personal account, then browse through menus. If problems are encountered in setting up and becoming familiar with this site, please contact the Catering Department at extension 5797.
Times on Order Form
Setup time: It is always 15 minutes prior to the event time.
Event time: This is the time the food is in place and ready for service.
Break-down time: This is the time the event will be over and we can begin clean-up. Please note that a labor fee will apply if we are asked to come back at a time other than the noted breakdown time.
Ordering Time Frames
We prefer one full working week’s notice for orders off of our regular menu. There is a minimum of at least three days lead-time to be able to order via the Bon Appétit website. For less notice, please contact Catering at extension 5797 and/or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also use e-mail when making any changes to an order.
We require two weeks notice for special request menus. We require two weeks notice for groups over 100 people.
Setup and Clean-up
Please note we require 1½ hours for setup time and clean-up time for events involving china (served or buffet). Please request room reservations/table set-ups accordingly.
We require 45 minutes setup and clean-up time for cookie/beverage setups so please request room reservations/table setups accordingly. Please note that room reservations and table setup requests must be placed through Campus Coordination.
Please note that we require one hour of service time for meals that require table service. If there is a program, please email the itinerary to the catering office at: email@example.com.
We provide food based on the guaranteed number. If the number of guests that attend differ than the guaranteed number, please alert the manager at the beginning of service if those meals need to be boxed up.
(Includes continental breakfast; all hot food buffets; and specialty buffets)
We provide plentiful, bountiful amounts based on the guaranteed number in order for the last guest through the buffet to receive the same selection as the first person. Please note that pricing is based on all the remaining food returning to Bon Appétit.
Hot Buffets with Service
We provide food based on the guaranteed number. If the number of guests that attend differ from the guaranteed number, please alert the manager at the beginning of service if meals are to boxed up. If any additional meals require boxing beyond the guaranteed number, a charge per box will apply.
Items by the Dozen
Only items ordered by the dozen (cookies, pastries, brownies, etc.) or ordered by the piece (a la carte, hors d'oeuvres, etc.) may be taken after the event. This does not include continental breakfasts or buffets. To-go boxes can be purchased for $0.50 per box for left over items. Service items are not to be removed from the catering.
Bon Appétit Equipment
We will return at the stated end time to clean up the event. Please do not remove any of our catering items, as we require all of our equipment, serving utensils, plates, glasses, flowers, etc. for other events.
In arranging for catered events, attendance must be specified by noon, three (3) business days in advance of the event to allow ample time for the ordering process. This number will be the guarantee and will be considered the final count which is not subject to reduction. Increases to the guarantee after said date are subject to approval by the Catering Director and will incur service charges.
For events requiring service, please note that on evenings and weekends a labor fee of $12 per hour will apply if the event exceeds 1 hour. A labor fee will apply for any event if we are asked to come back at a time other than the stated end time for clean-up.
Bud Vases and Buffet Florals
Single stem bud vases are provided for guest tables with a lunch, specialty buffet, or entrée order. Large floral arrangements are provided for buffets. All floral arrangements provided by Bon Appétit for the event are the property of Bon Appétit and are to remain after the event unless client makes advance arrangements with Bon Appétit to purchase the floral arrangements. A service charge will be assessed and arrangements taken.
Linens are provided at no extra charge for food/beverage tables. Linens are provided for guest tables with specialty buffets or entrée orders. House colors are white or ivory tablecloths. If linens for additional tables, please order two weeks in advance.
- Round linens (85” x 85”) (for a round table or 2 rounds on an 8' table will give floor length coverage): $4 each
- Banquet linens (52" x 114"): $4 each
- Colored overlays: $4 each
- Napkins: $0.50 each
Questions that should be answered for every catering order
- Is the room reservation ample time for Catering to set-up prior to the event and clean up after the event?
- Have tables for food and beverages, buffets, "kitchen" areas been ordered? If you are unsure of how many to order, please contact the Catering Department at extension 5797.
- Have you indicated on your Catering Order the tables you have ordered or the diagram you have requested? (This helps the Catering Office to ensure the correct equipment is in line for your event.)
- Have you ordered any addition linens you need, i.e. registration table, guest tables, etc.?
- Have you sent the Catering Office the itinerary for your lunch, dinner, reception, etc.?
- Have you informed the Catering Office of ANY and ALL pertinent information regarding your event, i.e. food allergies, all day meeting, room booked before or after your event and it is a tight turn around, etc.? (We firmly believe the more information we have, the better we can service your event.)