A regular employee who leaves Biola after 15 years of service and who is an age of 55 years or more, is considered a retiree. As such, he/she is invited to remain an active part of the Biola community with the following benefits:
- Courtesy annual parking permit
- Participation, free of charge, as an auditor in all unfilled university courses, as approved by the professor
- Use of the library
- Bookstore privileges with continued faculty/staff discounts
- Putting money on your ID card and receiving the faculty/staff discount that can be used to purchase food at various food service areas on campus
- Estate planning
- Free access to use the computer labs (space-available basis)
- The Biola Print Shop (fee for service provided)
- Free use of Athletic Facilities (pool, gym, Fitness Center, etc.)
- Admission to Biola cultural and athletic events at regular employee rates
- Discount tickets for non-university recreational facilities (Disneyland, Sea World, etc.)
- Participation in special events such as Torrey Conference, Missions Conference, etc.
Retirees who wish to participate in the above will obtain a new Faculty/Staff (retired) or (emeritus) ID Card. For purposes of discounted meal points and checking items out of the Library, the same identification number that they have used will continue to apply. Biola reserves the right to modify or eliminate any offered service, at any time, at the discretion of the university.