Each Biola faculty and staff employee, regardless of position, strives to have a growing, vibrant, daily relationship with Jesus Christ, utilizing God’s Word to govern every part of his/her life. The following “Cornerstones” are intended, in concert with the Articles of Faith and the Standard of Conduct, to frame how employees operate as individual contributors and as a guide for management decision-making. Therefore, we will:
- Honor God - We do our jobs as working unto the Lord, providing our best efforts and seeking excellence.
- Value Others - We regard fellow employees, students, and other constituents as brothers and sisters in Christ, respecting and valuing the ethnic and cultural diversity that enriches our community.
- Share Resources – We commit to share information and resources with other employees/departments to maximize service to constituents.
- Provide Proper Tools – We provide adequate resources to accomplish job expectations, while we encourage each other to keep God first in our lives, maintaining a healthy balance of work and personal activities.
- Consider Other Viewpoints – We consider the views and opinions of others in making decisions. After significant decisions are made, we are thorough in explaining the basis for the decisions.
- Compensate Employees Fairly – We recognize that employees are Biola’s most valued resources; therefore we provide salaries and benefit packages that are competitive with Biola’s peer universities.
- Foster Employee Growth – We encourage the professional and spiritual growth of employees by providing appropriate professional development, training, and guidance. Supervisors will be trained and equipped to lead.
- Be Accountable – We operate both as individuals and as an organization with the highest levels of honesty and integrity. We are accountable for our decisions, actions, and behavior.
- Apply Biblical Stewardship – We demonstrate sound biblical stewardship regarding the use of the financial, human, environmental and capital resources with which we have been entrusted.