Student Account Refunds
Request a Refund of Credit
How do you get the money if there is extra credit on your account?
You can request a refund of credit from your account by filling out a request form at the front desk in the Accounting Office, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from your Biola email address.
Excess credit from loans or other Title IV Financial Aid is available as soon as it is posted to the account. A credit from a payment by check or online electronic check (ACH) is available after 10 banking days.
The request must be made by the student and is made payable to the student.
- The entire credit balance on your account will be refunded
- If a credit card payment was made during this term, that payment will be refunded to the credit card before processing any other refund
- Please allow up to two weeks for your refund
- PLUS loan refunds are payable to the borrower of record and are mailed to the borrower's address, unless authorization has been given to release the funds to the student
- If you have set up a Refund Profile on my.Biola.edu, your refund will be direct deposited to that account
- Once you have requested your refund, the funds are no longer available to use for book purchase at the Biola Bookstore
Set Up Your Refund Profile for Direct Deposit
- Log on to my.Biola
- In the "Student Financials" tab, select "Manage My Account"
- Choose "My Profiles"
- Click on "Add New Payment Method"
- Select "Payment Type" in the drop down menu. Choose "Electronic Check"
- Complete the requested information.
- Be sure to check the "Refund Option" box and "Save"
- Click on "Continue"
When you have completed this, please request your refund from the Accounting Office in person or by sending an email to email@example.com