Enrollment FAQs

  1. How do I complete my enrollment?

    • Log on to myaccount.biola.edu
    • Complete all tasks
    • Enroll in a payment plan and make payment or pay in full
  2. I have done my online enrollment tasks and made my payment, yet my status is still "not enrolled." Why is this?

    If you have waited 30 minutes and your status is still not enrolled, review the enrollment instructions: Have you completed the online enrollment tasks on myaccount.biola.edu? Have you either paid in full or signed up for a payment plan? If you think you paid in full, please check your account balance. You may have added additional charges which require an additional payment.

  3. Why is my financial aid not showing up?

    To see your financial aid:

    If no aid is showing there:

    • Log on to myaccount.biola.edu
    • Click on "Student Financials"
    • Go to "Financial Aid Requirements"
    • If you still have questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office at finaid@biola.edu or (562) 903-4742
  4. I am an Authorized User. How can I view my student's balance for the upcoming semester?

    • Log on as an Authorized User
    • Click on “View Account Activity”
    • Please note that if your student has not completed online enrollment, the charges may not be updated
    • Also note that only authorized financial aid can be used for enrollment
  5. My Direct loans are not showing up. Why not?

    To Accept your Direct loans:

    • Log on to myaccount.biola.edu
    • Click on "Student Financials"
    • Go to "Financial Aid Awards > "Award for Aid Year"
    • Select the appropriate aid year
    • Click on "Accept Award Offer"
    • Click on "Accept" (in the dropdown menu next to the loan)
    • Click on "Update"

    If it has been a few days since you accepted the loans and they still aren’t showing as authorized, contact the Financial Aid office to see if they have all the information needed to finalize your file.

  6. I have completed my enrollment except for making my payment because my financial aid is not yet authorized. What if my financial aid is not authorized by the payment due date?

    Your options are to:

    1. Enroll in a payment plan and make the required down payment, figured without financial aid, by the payment due date, or
    2. Wait until your aid is authorized and then make your down payment. Please be aware that if this is after the payment due date, you will be charged the $200 late enrollment fee and your classes may be dropped.
  7. I have a loan in process. Can it be used for my enrollment?

    Your loan must be guaranteed before it can be used for enrollment. Check with the Financial Aid Office (finaid@biola.edu or 562-903-4742) or your lender for your loan status.

  8. I have an outside loan guaranteed, but it is not showing up. How do I complete my enrollment?

    If your loan is guaranteed, it will be included on your account activity page.  To see it:


    • Log on to myaccount.biola.edu
    • Click on "Student Financials"
    • Click on "Account Balance"
    • Select "View Account Activity"

    Authorized Users:

    • Log on here:  Click Here
    • Click on View Account Activity
  9. Why are my military/rehab benefits not showing up as authorized financial aid?

    If the benefits are authorized, they will be included on your account activity page.  To see that:


    • Log on to myaccount.biola.edu
    • Click on "Student Financials"
    • Click on "Account Balance"
    • Select "View Account Activity"

    Authorized Users:

    • Log on here:  Click Here
    • Click on View Account Activity

    If those benefits do not appear or you have questions about them, contact Wale Giwa in the Registrar's Office.

  10. My status is still showing as "Not Enrolled." What do I need to do?

    • Complete all Enrollment tasks
    • Enroll in a payment plan and make payment
  11. I would like my account information to be shared with other people such as my parents. How can I make sure it will be released to them?

    The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) prohibits us from sharing your account information unless you have given us permission to do so. If you want us to share your account information with other people, you must make them Authorized Users. Follow the steps below to do that.

    To set up an Authorized User:

    • Log on to myaccount.biola.edu
    • Click on "Student Financials"
    • Click on “Authorized Users”
    • Click on "Manage Your Authorized User"
    • Click on "Authorized Users," found near the top of the page
    • Follow the directions to add anyone you would like us to be able to talk to about your account

    New Authorized Users will receive two e-mails. The first one includes instructions on how to log in, and the second one includes a temporary password that they can use to log in and then change. Authorized Users must log into the site and type their names next to their e-mail addresses to finalize this process. Once this is completed we will be able to see the names of your authorized users and can share your account information with them.

  12. I am not able to make a payment. It keeps giving me an error code. How can I find out what it means?

    Be sure you are using the correct routing and account numbers. You may wish to contact your bank to confirm those numbers. Type the payment amount in the box to the right with no extra characters (i.e no $), only a decimal point.

  13. I have enough money in my bank account but my payment won’t go through. What’s wrong?

    Your bank may have a daily limit you are able to charge. Please check with your bank before attempting a large payment. Be sure you are using the correct bank routing and account numbers. Check with your bank to verify the numbers are correct.

  14. I paid a $300 enrollment deposit and a $250 housing deposit. Why are those amounts not being subtracted from the balance owing?

    These deposits are kept in separate accounts while you are at Biola. The housing deposit is refunded when you are no longer living on campus and notify the Housing Office in writing by their deadline. The enrollment deposit will be credited to your student account to be applied to your second term.

  15. How can I use my financial aid to purchase my books?

    If you will have a credit balance after your enrollment charges are paid and you have completed your enrollment tasks, you may use up to $958 to purchase books.

  16. I have extra financial aid. How do I get a refund?

    Go to biola.edu/studentrefunds and click on Request a Refund of Credit. You must be logged in to your Biola email to access the form. Excess credit from loans or other Title IV Financial Aid is available as soon as it is posted to the account. A credit from a payment by check or online electronic check (ACH) is available after 10 banking days. The request must be made by the student and is made payable to the student.

  17. I need an invoice for an outside scholarship or savings plan. How can I get one?

    • Log on to myaccount.biola.edu
    • Click on "Student Financials"
    • Click on "Account Balance"
    • Click on "eBills," and select the statement you need 
  18. I want to use my extra financial aid to pay my prior balance. How can I do that?

    Federal regulations allow only $200 from current Federal Title IV aid to be used to pay prior year charges. If your balance is more than $200, you will need to make a payment before you will be able to enroll.

  19. I’ve read the above information and still have questions about my account. What’s the best way to speak with an Account Counselor?

    Call Student Account Services at (562) 903-4760. If you get voicemail, please leave the following information and an account counselor will return your call by the next business day. Or, you may email student.accounts@biola.edu with the same information.

    • Your name and relationship to the student
    • Phone number/alternate number if applicable
    • Student’s name
    • Student’s ID Number
    • A brief summary of your question

    Or, if you are on campus, you may come by the Accounting office to speak with an Account Counselor during counseling hours (10:30 – 11:30 a.m. or 1:30 to 4:00 p.m.).